How to capture stones
- The objective in Go is to create a “territory” bigger than the opponent.
- First, choosing a place for a stone can be difficult because you can place it on the board almost anywhere.
- One way to create a land is to obtain enemy stones.
- Surrounded stones are removed from the board and taken by the enemy as prisoners.
- Each prisoner is worth one point.
On the next turn, white will be completely surrounded and will be removed.
About the stones that can be removed with one move, we say they are on Atari .
The white stone is now surrounded and that's why...
... it is removed from the board.
If there is a white move, it can escape by connecting the stones.